Today we present a special and yet quite simple recipe. On the eleventh day of our advent calendar, we told you about the traditional tobacco pipes of the American Natives. During such rituals, a berry soup was served, which we do not want to withhold from you.
Berry soup in the style of the American Natives
- 14 oz of Blueberries or blackcurrants (dried) or
- 2.2 lbs blueberries or black currants (fresh)
- 12.5 cups of meat broth
- 8.8 oz of sugar
- 7 oz of meat (cut very small)
- 1 cup of water stirred up with 2 oz of flour
- Side dish: Flatbread
- Add the fresh or soaked berries to the stock and cook until the berries are soft.
- Add the pieces of meat before the berries are fully cooked.
- Stir in the mixture of water and flour and bring to the boil briefly so that the soup thickens.
- Add the sugar before serving - done.
- A flat bread is served as a side dish.
The combination of the sweet berries along with the meat harmonizes perfectly!
Enjoy your meal!